Tuesday 4 November 2008

election night

It is election night, just gone 11pm GMT- and in a few hours the world will know whether America will elect the most bold and exciting US presidential candidate, certainly in recent history- or John Mcain.

Already the democrats are poised for a legal struggle if the persistent rumours of electoral purging of African American voters and dodgy voting machines appear to have influenced the result. This, like in 2000 when bush stole the election, could prove significant.

I feel sick with nerves. My memory of a tearful November 2004 feels as fresh- when I remember realising how the world was stuck with Bush for another 4 years. So I am drinking wine here as calmly as I can manage, little sips.

I can't concentrate I am that nervous, so no more posting as of yet.

Needless to say- together with 99.9% of Plaid, am routing for Obama.

No comments: